THE REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE BOAT BUILDING SCHOOL “APRENDIZTEGI” IS OPEN03/1/2019
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN TO BUILD WOODEN BOATS?
The registration period for those who want to be members of the 3rd class is open until February 1st. There are only 6 PLACES. Aprendiztegi is located in Albaola,The Sea Factory of the Basques in Pasaia (Basque Country); it is free and offers comprehensive training over 3 years.
WHAT IS APRENDIZTEGI?
Last year Albaola launched “Aprendiztegi The Lance Lee International Boatbuilding School”, a new and innovative school dedicated to the training and transmission of the traditional boatbuilding. It is a three-year program of working with ships that have historical value. Aprendiztegi offers integral training based on putting skills into practice. At present, together with some local students, we have students from Spain, France, Belgium, Italy, Greece and America.
WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT “APRENDIZTEGI”?
- It is the only school which offers a complete, advanced trade school degree in three years.
- Students learn to carry out each of the steps in building a boat.
- Every day students work with boat-building professionals.
- It is the only school where they build large ships.
- Students work on the San Juan whaling ship, the only vessel in the world which enjoys UNESCO sponsorship.
- They learn to build all kinds of boats: boats considered historically important as well as modern wooden boats. They also learn traditional boat-building techniques in addition to modern ones.
- The curriculum is based on “The Apprendiceshop” model, designed by American Professor Lance Lee.
The school provides excellent references for students. Albaola is internationally recognized in the world of wooden boat building and in the preservation of cultural heritage. It has an extensive network of relationships with organizations and is appears in media throughout the world (See, for example 2018´s NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC).
- Albaola, The Sea Factory of the Basques, welcomes 63,000 visitors a year, so students are working before an audience and learn to be a part of an economic activity focused on tourism.
- The Aprendiztegi is an international school located in a culture with a deeply rooted maritime identity and history. At present, together with some local students, we have students from Spain, France, Belgium, Italy, Greece and America.
- Students have the opportunity to sail historically important vessels.
3 STEPS TO REGISTER:
1.- Complete the online form: https://goo.gl/forms/KlrPdaE9g7ACMFGA3
2.- Send the following documents to email@example.com:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation, explaining the reasons why you want to join the Aprendiztegi and your personal and professional goals.
3.- Personal interview
Once the application form, the CV and the motivation letter have been received, Albaola will get in touch with the candidates and interviews will be arranged, either in person or on Skype.
ALL THE INFORMATION at the following link:
(+34) 943392426 / firstname.lastname@example.org